The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at iguanabooks.com. By visiting iguanabooks.com, you are accepting the practices described here.
Information We Gather
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our website’s features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your future shopping experience, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from iguanabooks.com (if your computer supports such capabilities). Also, in an effort to prevent sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions in the most recently received email, or contact us at email@example.com.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings and item storage in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does iguanabooks.com Share Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases these businesses may operate stores at iguanabooks.com or sell offerings to you at iguanabooks.com. In other cases we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You’ll be able to tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of iguanabooks.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don’t give that business your name and address. If you don’t want to receive such offers, please adjust your preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses. In such transactions, customer information is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that iguanabooks.com or its assets are acquired by another entity, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of iguanabooks.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of iguanabooks.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth here.
- With Your Consent: For any other circumstances, you’ll receive notice when information about you could go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information about Me?
- We work to protect the security of your financial information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We do transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate payment gateway during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Remember to log out of your account, especially when using a shared computer.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Iguanabooks.com also displays targeted advertising and affiliate offerings based on personal information about users. Although iguanabooks.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers and affiliates, advertisers and affiliates and their partners may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement or affiliate offerings meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in western Canada who like fantasy novels).
What Information Can I Access?
Iguanabooks.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with iguanabooks.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such iguanabooks.com features as preorder rankings or reading preferences.
- You can add or update certain information on your personal profile. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive email or communication from us, please adjust your preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use iguanabooks.com?
iguanabooks.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We do sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use iguanabooks.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Terms and Conditions
If you choose to visit iguanabooks.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the province of Ontario in Canada. If you have any concerns about privacy at iguanabooks.com, please contact us, and we’ll work with you to resolve your issue.